One month down and I am trying my hands at some new things, and marking off accomplishments!
1. Anniversary Plan! Plan something to commemorate being married for 20 years! I was a whopping 20 when I got married. We were young and broke. I’d love to be able to celebrate this anniversary in a special way! No updates yet!
2. Can 100 jars- Last year we only canned tomato sauce, green beans and a couple pickles. This year, I’d like to do more! Nothing to can, yet! But, I’ll definitely be growing more jalapeños this year for tons of cowboy candy! (Candied/pickled jalapeños!)
3. Grow 1,000 pounds of food! I love a lofty goal and I hope to have extras in order to offset the chicken feed bill! We have been bringing in eggs lately, but nothing else!
4. Make 20 quilted things this year! Last year I really got into quilting. (I inherited my Mom’s supplies!) I’m hoping to have many extras to sell! I made 2 quilted pillow covers!
5. Get the bonus house ready to be rented! So, we got tired of looking at the neighbor’s house that has been abandoned for 10 years. So, we picked it up for a great price and now we need to fix it up! The electric is being worked on next week! So, moving in the right direction!
6. Go on a hike! This fall I taught outdoor school and hiked through the swamp daily. It reminded me how much I love hiking. Something about being outside and taking in nature. We will have to count the New Year’s day hike as the one last month because the Mr. decided to break his toe when he dropped a 45 pound weight on it. But, he’s on the mend! Trust me, you don’t want to see the picture!
7. Finish our own bathroom remodel. We have been working on our remodel for too long! All that is left is new flooring and a new sink. I don’t mind that they’re out of style, but they’ve been in rough shape for a while. The floor is ready to be installed! We are just waiting on the back ordered toilet!
8. 2023 in 2023! We did this minimalising challenge before, but we are hoping to do it again. It’s purging the house of 2,023 things over the course of the year. That’s almost 170 things per month! This one is going really well! The boy cleaned out his t shirt drawer!I cleaned out cabinets, the hutch, bathroom closet and clothes. And the Mr. started cleaning out the garage. So much stuff!
9. Grow mushrooms! I’m hoping to find newly fallen hardwood logs to inoculate. But, if not, I’ll find another way to grow some! I may have asked for logs for Valentine’s Day. 😆❤️
10. Grow something new! Last year I grew a couple new flower varieties and found out how delicious honey nut squash taste! This year, I’m hoping to grow something new to us! I got a new variety of melons from MIGardener and I’m trying my hands at new herbs too!
11. Start a YouTube! I’m kind of nervous about this one. I’m not sure if my tech skills are up to par, but I’m going to give it a try! Between baking sourdough, making rugs, raising chickens and greenhouse growing, I’ll be looking forward to sharing our progress! This is I’m super proud of! I’ve made 3 shorts so far! Check out my channel! Our YouTube channel
12. Date a month! This is a fun goal. Like I stated above, we’ve been married quite a while. I’m looking forward to planning to do more fun things together. We are guilty of not doing that enough. This month was a chill one! Just a movie on Amazon, a few beverages and enjoying a few talks about future plans!
13. Make 50 flower arrangements! I love growing and arranging flowers. And, I love sharing their beauty with others! Come on Spring!
I feel like I am enjoying these goals this year, instead of stressing about them! And honestly! I can’t wait to get some plants growing!!