How has 2 months gone by?! Craziness! I started a temporary position, quit that position and earned a sweet and exciting full time gig already in momentum! I’m pretty sure this windy road is leading me to something pretty great!
And, here’s what all we have managed to achieve over the last 2 months:
1. Anniversary Plan! Plan something to commemorate being married for 20 years! I was a whopping 20 when I got married. We were young and broke. I’d love to be able to celebrate this anniversary in a special way! No updates yet! But, we would love recommendations! Anyone been to Mackinac Island? (Yes, it could be that I intrigued by the butterfly houses and biking there!)
2. Can 100 jars- Last year we only canned tomato sauce, green beans and a couple pickles. This year, I’d like to do more! Nothing to can, yet! But, we enjoyed opening a jar of raspberry jam last night for our rolls!
3. Grow 1,000 pounds of food! I love a lofty goal and I hope to have extras in order to offset the chicken feed bill! We still have lots of eggs and now lettuce is coming in fast!
4. Make 20 quilted things this year! Last year I really got into quilting. (I inherited my Mom’s supplies!) I’m hoping to have many extras to sell! I finished up a pretty red, white and blue Maryland quilt! I love it! This one will be for sale!
5. Get the bonus house ready to be rented! So, we got tired of looking at the neighbor’s house that has been abandoned for 10 years. We picked it up for a great price and now we need to fix it up! The yard is all cleared! I might have got the worst case of poison ivy rash in my entire life, but it’s looking so much better! And, we are planning on using the area to try to grow a huge pumpkin!
6. Go on a hike! This fall I taught outdoor school and hiked through the swamp daily. It reminded me how much I love hiking. Something about being outside and taking in nature. I think I’m going to change this from hiking to growing that huge pumpkin. We just haven’t been hiking! We do work out together it’s evenings though!
7. Finish our own bathroom remodel. We have been working on our remodel for too long! All that is left is new flooring and a new sink. I don’t mind that they’re out of style, but they’ve been in rough shape for a while. I’m putting a ✅ next to this! It’s so much easy to clean and the floor is nice and shiny!
8. 2023 in 2023! We did this minimalising challenge before, but we are hoping to do it again. It’s purging the house of 2,023 things over the course of the year. That’s almost 170 things per month! We have been continuing to clean out so much! 811 things are out of here! I’m hoping to hit halfway by June!
10. Grow something new! Last year I grew a couple new flower varieties and found out how delicious honey nut squash taste! This year, I’m hoping to grow something new to us! I just started canary melons and a few varieties of pumpkins. My Atlantic giant pumpkin is below!
9. Grow mushrooms! I’m hoping to find newly fallen hardwood logs to inoculate. But, if not, I’ll find another way to grow some! Everything was innoculated! So now to wait to see if they grow!
11. Start a YouTube! I’m kind of nervous about this one. I’m not sure if my tech skills are up to par, but I’m going to give it a try! Between baking sourdough, making rugs, raising chickens and greenhouse growing. I’m still at it! I’ve shared gourd lamp making and the Mason bees checking out the tubes! I’m up to 84 subscribers!
12. Date a month! This is a fun goal. Like I stated above, we’ve been married quite a while. I’m looking forward to planning to do more fun things together. We are guilty of not doing that enough. We have weirdly enjoyed lots of dates lately! Shopping out of town, grabbing a few lunches/dinners and tackling projects together. I love our time together.
13. Make 50 flower arrangements! I love growing and arranging flowers. And, I love sharing their beauty with others! Come on Spring! I have a few beauties popping up in the greenhouse!
I love accomplishing goals! Checking things off of a list helps me! Comment with any goals that you are accomplishing! I love hearing about it! I’m rooting for you!